March 13, 2013

Onion Bacon Jam

As much as I love bacon, I really don't share much bacon with you on the blog. Guess I am a little selfish that way! I want to share a new food with you today. Onion Bacon Jam. It is delicious above, and beyond, what I have words for at this moment.  When I took this to work, to share it's awesomeness, I was getting a little scared they were going to eat it all up, and I wouldn't have any for our burgers that night. See, I am selfish with my bacon!

Besides sharing a new recipe with you, I want to share a new blog with you. Kristine has been getting settled into her new home at Real Food Girl: Unmodified. She's pretty cool, kinda quirky, and really smart! She's showing us ways to make recipe's a little bit healthier. Not by cutting out the foods you like, but by making 'em with better ingredients. And, to top it all off, she is a trained chef!

I love to bake and cook, but I have lots of room to improve on the quality of my ingredients . . . . .  LOTS o' room, I know this. But, this gal has you think about things you didn't before. I shop at my co-op regularly, but I have never bought these ingredients. My big reason for shopping at the co-op has been that I love to shop local. I would rather have the food that was grown/made in my own state instead of in Timbuktu. In respect of this recipe, I bought the ingredients her way . . . . . . . Let me tell you that the bacon I bought there was the best I have ever eaten . . . .  And the onions were amazing. I bought some extra onions while I was there, and the they sat on my shelf for a while before I got back to them, and you know what? They weren't spoiled like the ones you get at the big stores, that sit on your shelf for a week and then go bad. Score! That's some money saved right there!

Please go check out this amazing blogger. Something else about this crazy lady who I share a name with, we went to high school 2 miles away from each other! I am sure our paths have crossed before, but didn't meet each other until blogging.




Recipe found here:  Onion Bacon "Jam"

I could have put the recipe here for you, but I think it's better for you to go to the original so you can learn how to make your onions up all GBD. ( You have to go to her site to see what "GBD" means.  :) )

Sharing this at:
Foodie Friends Friday
Weekend Potluck
Strut your Stuff Saturday  
Pretty & Delicious Link Party
Weekend re-Treat 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Manic Monday

7 comments:

  1. This seems like an odd, but appropriate combination that I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to print this up and have it framed!! Then, I'm going to put you in my will. This post had me laughing, and it had me blushing. You are too kind for words.

    It's too bad that I just had dinner because I have some of this in the fridge and a cheeseburger with a large helping of the onion bacon jam sounds SO good right now.

    Thanks for the kudos my friend. I appreciate it so much. I owe ya!! Now, go be alone with that jar of bacon jam. You know you wanna. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely different but sounds delicious. Thanks so much for sharing this with Foodie Friends Friday.

    We look forward to seeing you again soon,
    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, onion and bacon and as a jam! Sounds fantastic. Hope things are going well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Sounds so good, I love a good chutney or Jam and savory ones are a favorite! Thanks for the link for a new blog to check out too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris, this looks delicious! My oldest would put this on everything :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly