July 5, 2012

Mexican Beef - Asado a la Mexicana

Way back before the cooking blogs were so popular, I was reading and trying recipes from Yahoo cooking groups. There were groups for different cooking topics... Maybe they are still there even, I am not sure! I belonged to a crock pot group, ten years ago and got lots of great recipes. Namely this one! It never disappoints, and you can always dress it up more if you want, or keep it simple.

This is perfect for the hot weather we are having. Through everything in the crock pot and keep from heating up the kitchen! My favorite side dish with this is Cilantro Lime Rice, from Macaroni & Cheesecake. 





Asado a la Mexicana
4 lb. Beef Roast
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 t. cumin
2 t. chili powder
1 c. fresh salsa
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, cut into strips

Place roast in crock pot.  Cover with remaining ingredients.  Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours; until roast pulls apart easily.  Remove the roast from the crock pot.  Shred beef.  With slotted spoon, remove veggies from crock and mix with beef.

Serve with tortillas, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, etc.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kris...I know we had talked about crock pot cooking in the summertime...and this is such a perfect recipe! Can't wait to try it with the lime rice! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to go down a storm at my house. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I saw your link on Carole's chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for joining in the fiesta fun on Carole's Chatter. Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a delicious recipe, can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a delicious recipe. I've been wanting to try some beef in the crock pot like this. I like your seasonings! Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday. I will be sharing this recipe on my Walking on Sunshine FB page this morning! Please come back to vote on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly