July 12, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

Pinterest.... What am I going to do about you??? My baking schedule gets thrown out of alignment when I stumble across that new recipe that is just to intriguing to let go. Once sharing the link for these cookies on facebook, Jill over at GroO New York, asked for me to please test the recipe! How could I decline such a request? 

I really did not intend on posting this recipe to the blog, but it has been such a hit on facebook... at the office... at home...  I simply have to post it! I made just one little adjustment to the original recipe in adding some orange extract. I really think some macadamia nuts would be a lovely addition to the cookie too.... maybe next time!



Orange Creamsicle Cookies  (Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything )

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. orange extract
2 T. orange zest 
 2 c. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overbake.  Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.


4 comments:

  1. I know....Pinterest is killing me,lol:)....these look so yummy. Love the flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back to VOTE on Sunday and join us next week for our Garlic Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I love the orange vanilla combination. I chose these as my host favorite for Foodie Friends Friday, so they will be featured on Daily Dish Magazine tomorrow. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! These look so great! Love the orange!

    Found you at Foodie friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly